Private Academy Requirements
Trinity is a community of faith with shared biblical priorities and values in southern New Jersey. Knowing that the quality and effectiveness of a school’s ministry is directly affected by the character and commitment of its parents and student body, we have identified specific criteria to guide our student admission decisions.
- Local church membership. At least one parent must be a member in good standing of a local Evangelical Christian church. Parents must be in agreement with the <<Trinity Statement of Faith>> (This is a link)
- Consistent values. Parents and students must be committed to abiding by and demonstrating values that are consistent with those of Trinity Preparatory School. Please read our about values and Statement on Marriage, Gender and Sexuality in <<What we believe>>.
- Parents effectively serving in their God-given role as parents. Because God has given parents, not teachers, primary responsibility for training their children, the parents’ commitment and ability to function properly in their roles is a factor in admission decisions.
- A realistic expectation of academic success. The student’s academic history must show a willingness to work at all classroom assignments, and student performance on entrance exams must demonstrate the basic skills necessary to succeed in the school’s academic program.
- An evident desire to know and follow Christ. We are overjoyed when a student responds to the gospel, and we look for growing evidence of faithful obedience to God and his ways.
- A willingness to receive instruction. We look for students to respect authority and to receive correction humbly from peers and adults, as the discipline of the Lord.
- A positive influence on others. The student’s potential impact on his/her classmates will be a very significant factor. Our desire to serve each family must be balanced by a passion to preserve the spiritual integrity of each classroom.
- Participation in Youth Ministry. Different churches structure the ministry to youth in a variety of ways. Middle & Upper School Students of Trinity are expected to willingly embrace and participate in a means of spiritual growth provided by their local church.
The above standards are stated as principles, which will be applied with discretion based on the student’s age. We expect students to demonstrate increasing maturity and faithfulness to these standards as they grow older.
Affordable Private School in New Jersey
Trinity Preparatory School is an affordable, private school alternative in Voorhees, New Jersey with an emphasis on classical curriculum and Christian ideals.